logging-log4cxx-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Strohm <jstr...@perpetual.com>
Subject Re: Logging of arbitrary length binary data
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:21:50 GMT
In my application I might be generating a very large number of log
events.  Most times I don't want to know what's in the blob, but for a
small percentage of these messages I may decide that I want to convert
the blob into a string (or use some viewer to display what is in the
blob).  So while I may end up converting it to a human readable string I
can delay that until I know I want to look at the event.

As for binary properties I could see that would make writing filters
more efficnet, instead of doing a ton of string compares I can compare
primitive data types.

What do you think?  Am I approaching this wrong?