logging-general mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject IRC Channel
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:06:36 GMT
Hi guys,

I recently had a discussion with Scott and Christian in the logging IRC
channel on free node, which is #asflogging. Over at commons we have also
created an IRC channel quite recently (#apache-commons). I thing it is a
nice addition to get some feedback from users.

We also have an ASF Bot in our channel which can be requests from infra
[1]. The infra guys told us, that project channels usually should be
prefixed with 'apache', while channels related to the foundation itself
have the 'asf' prefix.

So I propose to create a new channel #apache-logging and request an ASFBot
from infra for this channel. I can do the necessary communication with
infra, if you like. Would be good to promote said channel on your web site,
so people know where to get in touch with you.

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] http://wilderness.apache.org/manual.html

--