logging-general mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 16:42:35 GMT
+1

Gary

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
Date:10/12/2013  12:18 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: Logging General <general@logging.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Log4j

While I generally agree with what you are saying (the phrase "Log4j 1.x is not actively maintained"
should be avoided), when was the last time a commit was made to Log4j 1.x?  While I am sure
someone would jump up to fix a critical issue I do think it is fair to tell people that based
on the activity of the last couple of years, most issues are not going to get any attention.

Ralph