logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: 10 years
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 04:19:40 GMT
Oh - did you mean it was running 4 years before the logging project was formed?  Yes - as Scott
pointed out it was first part of Jakarta, which was a catch all for all Java projects (except
stuff like Cocoon which fell under the XML projects).

Ralph

On Sep 21, 2013, at 10:16 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> According to wikipedia and http://www.apache.org/history/timeline.html the ASF was incorporated
in June 1999.  Where did you get 4 years later from?  According to http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/changes-report.html
the first release of Log4j was Oct 15, 1999.