logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANN] Apache Log4j Logo Contest
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:20:46 GMT
* Log4J logo contest

Log4j 2.0 is looking for a new logo!

After 12 years, the Log4j project is getting ready for a brand new
major release: version 2.0. This new major version is a reboot of this
project in many ways: it is not only time to change the version number
to 2.0 but also time to refresh the Log4j logo.

Log4j 2 is very different from Log4j 1. Log4j 2 is more reliable and
faster than its predecessor and comparable frameworks.

The team has grown after years of stagnation and there is now a lot of
activity on our lists. We are now approaching the 2.0 release after
eight beta releases.

With our new logo, we want to show the Java community that Log4j is back.

We would like to open participation to the community to create this new logo.

** HOW TO PARTICIPATE

Attach your entries to the Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-316

You can submit as many entries as you like.

You must license your Logo under the Apache License 2.0.

The contest will last one month from the date of the announcement.

If your Logo is accepted, you must sign an ICLA:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

While we will accept PNG image formats for the contest, we prefer
vector based formats (SVG).

You can convert pixel-based formats produced with Gimp or Photoshop to
SVG with free tools like Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)

Please note that a logo should not contain too many details.

** HOW THE WINNING LOGO IS CHOSEN

We invite everyone to vote on the mailing lists. The votes of Apache
Logging Committers are binding.

If the community submits more than 10 Logos, voting will proceed in two rounds.

In the first round, the 10 logos with the most +1 votes graduate to round two.

In the second round, the logo with the most +1 will win the contest.

The majority of the Apache Logging PMC can veto a logo.

We will accept the logo when all votes are successful and the ICLA of
the logo contributor is on file.

Please ask questions on the dev mailing list.

The Log4j team