logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject log4cx: attic or incubation?
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 09:19:34 GMT
Hello folks,

please look at these few e-mails:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4cxx-dev/201304.mbox/browser

For me there are two ways for log4cxx: incubation or attic.

I was outreaching for devs on log4cxx and got a few responses. It seems a couple
of people are interested in continuing this component. Most of them
said they might apply a couple of patches here and there, but nobody
burst out in emotions saying, YAY, this is it.

Without such a person I guess we have little chance in the incubator.
Maybe I am having a wrong view on it, so I ask you to voice your
opinion.

For now I would like to propose that I am cloning log4cxx to my GitHub
account and move the svn repos to the attic. That way I can overlook
if there is a team growing around log4cxx or not. Also I can ask for
ICLAs before accepting pull requests, which should help when we go
back to incubation. If there is, we can go back to incubation at any
time. If there is not, then well, no harm done.

Comments?

Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de