logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mirroring Log4J 2 on GitHub
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:06:38 GMT
+1 on the GitHub mirror.
If you would like to push this on infra side, I believe nobody of us
has a problem with it - just go ahead.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Andrus Adamchik <aadamchik@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> There's a Log4J mirror on GitHub at https://github.com/apache/log4j . Would it be possible
to also mirror Log4J2?

> We've recently switched to Log4J2 on one of the big projects that I am doing. Now we
need to patch a few things for our work in a way that is likely not going to be accepted back
to Log4J. Specifically we want to short-circuit Log4jLogEvent.getSource to return a fixed
String. We are using AsynchAppender and 'Log4jLogEvent.getSource' is a noticeable performance
bottleneck for us, and we currently don't see a better way around it (ok, to be completely
honest, we just don't have the cycles to refactor Log4J2 properly). So the idea was to keep
a GitHub fork and merge periodically with the master copy.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de