logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Mirroring Log4J 2 on GitHub
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 16:27:20 GMT
What would it take to make git primary instead of a mirror?

Ralph

On Mar 18, 2013, at 5:09 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> There's a Log4J mirror on GitHub at https://github.com/apache/log4j . Would it be possible
to also mirror Log4J2?

> We've recently switched to Log4J2 on one of the big projects that I am doing. Now we
need to patch a few things for our work in a way that is likely not going to be accepted back
to Log4J. Specifically we want to short-circuit Log4jLogEvent.getSource to return a fixed
String. We are using AsynchAppender and 'Log4jLogEvent.getSource' is a noticeable performance
bottleneck for us, and we currently don't see a better way around it (ok, to be completely
honest, we just don't have the cycles to refactor Log4J2 properly). So the idea was to keep
a GitHub fork and merge periodically with the master copy.