logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Mirroring Log4J 2 on GitHub
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 16:30:01 GMT
Also, would you mind creating a Jira issue for the getSource problem.  We have a contributor
who is working heavily on async stuff who has also pointed this out and it would make sense
to make that pluggable.

Ralph

On Mar 18, 2013, at 9:27 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> What would it take to make git primary instead of a mirror?
>
> Ralph
>

> On Mar 18, 2013, at 5:09 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> There's a Log4J mirror on GitHub at https://github.com/apache/log4j . Would it be
possible to also mirror Log4J2?

>> We've recently switched to Log4J2 on one of the big projects that I am doing. Now
we need to patch a few things for our work in a way that is likely not going to be accepted
back to Log4J. Specifically we want to short-circuit Log4jLogEvent.getSource to return a fixed
String. We are using AsynchAppender and 'Log4jLogEvent.getSource' is a noticeable performance
bottleneck for us, and we currently don't see a better way around it (ok, to be completely
honest, we just don't have the cycles to refactor Log4J2 properly). So the idea was to keep
a GitHub fork and merge periodically with the master copy.