logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving log4cxx to the Attic
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 05:31:53 GMT
Hello

I would like to propose we move the log4cxx component to the attic.
I am not sure if the Apache Attic itself is the right place:
http://attic.apache.org/

as it seems to feed on TLDs only. I will ask there, if we agree that
log4cxx is not really maintained and that there will no work happen in
future.

I have hoped that there were a couple of people coming back to the
project when they see somebody is committing their patches. But it
hasn't happened and my own C skills are not enough to push this (time
is an issue too).

In case we agree, I would like to to keep the old log4cxx website,
saying this project is not longer maintained and the source code has
been moved to attic (if the attic.apache.org would take it). Other
options are also welcome, just let me hear what you think.

Best regards,
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de