logging-general mailing list archives

From Rhys Ulerich <rhys.uler...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving log4cxx to the Attic
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 17:13:42 GMT
My apologies-- this time with Logging General CCed correctly...

> I would like to propose we move the log4cxx component to the attic.
> I have hoped that there were a couple of people coming back to the
> project when they see somebody is committing their patches. But it
> hasn't happened...

JIRA contains unresolved issues with patches multiple years old.  I
think there's adequate interest in maintenance by the community
because the library is both excellent and stable, but the project has
been stuck in a
conundrum for years.  Curt Arnold discusses this at the end of a very
pertinent thread

- Rhys

View raw message