logging-general mailing list archives

From "Dominik Psenner" <dpsen...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Daily gump builds
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:04:56 GMT

>On 2013-02-26, Dominik Psenner wrote:
>
>> It builds nightly, doesn't it? :-P
>
>True, but for nightly builds we have other systems - see ci.apache.org
>for options.

Gotcha, but there Gump is also listed, however with a clear purpose to check only the integrity
of projects. ;-)

>> However, I am one of those guys who can't build all assemblies because
>> I have several dependencies unfixably broken and nightly builds could
>> serve well to publish the latest bugfixes for people in need
>> (i.e. [1]).
>
>Gump really only has Mono 2.4, this wouldn't help at all.
>
>The project would likely benefit from building on several Jenkins slaves
>so at least versions built for .NET on Windows (4.0, I'd assume) and
>Mono on Linux can be built.

I hoped we could grab the builds from Gump and could publish them daily - not much work for
a great improvement. First of all I am
starting a poll on the users list to see if there is effectively interest in nightly builds.
Maybe then someone who has an account
for jenkins wanna look into this? ;-D

Cheers!