logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JEE Logging Standard Specification
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:49:03 GMT
Are a member of the JCP?
I informed meanwhile and heard any JCP member can start a JSR. I am
and I would join you here.

Cheers

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Yes - I would love that.
>
> I too have been depressed by JBoss this week.  I've discovered that just to get logging
to work properly in the various ways it can be deployed in JBoss that I am going to have to
split out the ContextListener into its own jar so that it can always be included in the web
app.  I haven't even tried EARs or SARs yet with JBoss but I'm sure it won't be pretty.

> JBoss 5 also has made a mess of things by including its own SLF4J implementation in common/lib.
There doesn't seem to be any good way of not getting a warning from SLF4J that it has found
multiple bindings.  Part of the problem here is that JBoss is including a bunch of stuff for
its own use and as a byproduct, exposing that to applications. OSGi or modules are supposed
to help deal with that. I haven't tried JBoss 7 yet to see how much progress they have made.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de