logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging Site
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 12:08:34 GMT
OK I fixed the dmg/zip download links.
the webstart file can also be downloaded.

Unfortunately we need to alter the jnlp file as it refers to the old domain.

Scott, could you help here?

Anyway, as we have the downloads i am +1 to move loggingtest.* to
logging.apache.org now

Cheers
Christian

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> i just committed the log4cxx pages (once again - for some reason the
> CMS is deleting it for me from time to time!), the chainsaw pages and
> the log4php pages.
>
> For chainsaw I just took the content of the old site directory. Then I
> moved the binaries from log4j/webstart to chainsaw/webstart. Now the
> webstart files reside in the Chainsaw folder. Afterwards I committed,
> and everything is up. BUT if you try to download these binaries
> through the website they are not found. Anybody got an idea why?
>
> I need to do some other work now, so I am glad bout everybody who can test it.
>
> That being said, I am +0 with moving on now and replace the websites.
> +0 only because the chainsaw downloads bug me. Maybe Scott has an idea
> because he already dealt with things like that.
>
> Here is the repos in question:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/loggingtest/content/chainsaw/
>
> Cheers
>

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> OK, but I'm consistently seeing users on the Logback list mentioning how they are
switching from Log4j.  Presumably, if they see that there is an upgrade available here they
might give it a try.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de