logging-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging Site
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 19:54:25 GMT
On 2012-07-07, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2012-07-05, Ralph Goers wrote:

>>> Any update on this?  Can we replace logging.apache.org with what is at
>>> loggingtest.apache.org?

>> Haven't found time to make the final adjustments for log4net, but TBH
>> I'll be more likely to find the time if there is a pressing need
>> (complaining users) - so no reason to wait for me/log4net.

First of all, let me repeat: "don't wait for me". 8-)

> I see that:
> http://loggingtest.apache.org/log4net/1.x/

> So isn't this the latest version of the site?

It is and it works well enough to go (not sure whether the download page
works, we will see).  The problem is that several exterior links will
point to http://logging.apache.org/log4net/ without 1.x - as do several
pages inside the log4net area - and those links won't work properly
anymore.

Some mod_rewrite magic inside .htaccess could fix that, but my head is
somewhere else right now.

Stefan