The benefit of webstart is updates are automatically downloaded and installed.  The link actually tries to check jars each time you start the app and will update automatically if there are new ones.

Scott

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the gotcha there had something to do with making sure the jnlp file mapping was correctly supported. It has been about eight years, but that is my recollection.
>
> That and the stupid maven template support would not allow us to use an image as the link (a 'launch' webstart graphical button as the link)

Is there something speaking against downloading an exe/dmg/zip via the
usual download system?
Or is webstart the killer feature for chainsaw? :-)

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de