Yes, congratulation Christian!

Gary

On Jun 21, 2012, at 11:40, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:

Congratulations Christian, it's great to see things moving forward again in LS.

Scott

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

+1.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Grobmeier [mailto:grobmeier@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 0:45 AM
To: Logging General
Subject: Change of Apache Logging Services Chair

Dear all,

recently our long time chair Curt Arnold has expressed his wish to step down as a chair. The PMC has then decided to recommend me for this role. Yesterday the ASF board has confirmed this change and as of now I have become the new chair of this project.

I would like take the chance to thank the PMC for their trust. In addition i would like to give a big THANK YOU to Curt who was into that role for such a long time. You put much work into Apache Logging Services, even when there were times at which the future of the overall project was not so bright. Now, with new committers in log4php, log4net and log4j and an approaching major overhaul of log4j we still have hands full to do, but we hopefully face easier times. I am convinced, without you this new fresh breath at Logging would not have been possible, because we would find our pages in the attic.

I wish you all well for your well deserved "break" as a chair.

Hopefully you will stay with us for another long time as PMC and Committer. Who knows, maybe one day we'll find you again in the role as a chair.

Thanks + Cheers,

Christian

JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: http://bit.ly/ECvg0
Spring Batch in Action: http://bit.ly/bqpbCK