So where does this leave us in moving the site over?

Ralph

On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:51 AM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:

I believe we bypass the mirror system because the mirror system doesn't support the jnlp protocol (handling the mime type)..

Scott

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
An icon is usually added to the user's start menu and/or desktop, which launches javaws and uses the jnlp protocol, so they don't need to go back to the link to get the benefit of autoupdates.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> The benefit of webstart is updates are automatically downloaded and
> installed.  The link actually tries to check jars each time you start the
> app and will update automatically if there are new ones.

yes understood.

Does the user (i am a webstart noob) always need to click on our
webpage to start the app?
And, do we actually bypass the mirror system here or am I wrong with
my assumption? Not sure if that is really relevant because I don't
know about the user base

Cheers
Christian

--