See http://wiki.apache.org/logging/ManagingTheWebSite

Ralph

On Jun 10, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:

I plan to document this on the wiki when I get home later today. The process isn't quite as you have listed.

1. Check out the production web site.
2. Create a log4xxx directory adjacent to the log4j directory,
3. Underneath that directory create a directory for the releases of the component such as log4xxx-1.8.
4. Copy the release website into that directory.
5. In your log4xxx directory create a symlink of 1.x to log4xxx-1.8. "ln -s log4xxx-1.8 1.x" on a Mac or unix system. Windows doesn't support links afaik.
6. Make sure all that is added to svn and commit it.
7. In the main web site check that index.twig and the navbar template reference your component as "log4xxx/1.x".
8. Unindent your component in extpaths.txt.

If you want to use the CMS directly it is certainly easy to do.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 10, 2012, at 2:18 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

Hi all,

On 2012-06-10, Ralph Goers wrote:

We really don't need to use the maven publish plugin as I've checked
in the each project in its own release directly and then used a
symlink to point the project site to the specific release.  Each of
the other sub-sites should do the same thing.

I missed most of the thread, been busy elsewhere, sorry.  I'd like to
add log4net to the site "the right way", what do I need to do?

This is my understanding

(1) check in the log4net site wherever I want

(2) create a symlink from where I commited the site to content/log4net

(3) un-indent log4net in extpath.txt

Is this correct?

Problems I currently see:

* the log4net site is generated by Maven and has inconsistent line-ends,
is there any better way than Ant's fixcrlf task to fix that?  Our
build already includes NAnt and Maven, I'd prefer to avoid adding a
third build tool 8-)

Mid-term log4net may be better off using the CMS directly, but that's
something we need to discuss.

* I don't know how and where to perform step (2) from above.

Stefan