logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Steps for Producr Sites? (was Re: Logging web sites)
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 15:58:13 GMT
I plan to document this on the wiki when I get home later today. The process isn't quite as
you have listed.

1. Check out the production web site.
2. Create a log4xxx directory adjacent to the log4j directory,
3. Underneath that directory create a directory for the releases of the component such as
log4xxx-1.8.
4. Copy the release website into that directory.
5. In your log4xxx directory create a symlink of 1.x to log4xxx-1.8. "ln -s log4xxx-1.8 1.x"
on a Mac or unix system. Windows doesn't support links afaik.
6. Make sure all that is added to svn and commit it.
7. In the main web site check that index.twig and the navbar template reference your component
as "log4xxx/1.x".
8. Unindent your component in extpaths.txt.

If you want to use the CMS directly it is certainly easy to do.

Sent from my iPad