logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Move log4cxx to "attic"
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:03:56 GMT
On Jun 11, 2012, at 11:44 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> I just looked at the website of log4cxx in order to move it to the new
> CMS and realized, this project is pretty dead. Last commit was before
> 23 months but this was an exception and just a small bugfix. Most
> recent commits are from Curt.
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4cxx/trunk/src/main/cpp/
> I cannot see how we could revive this component and therefore my
> thoughts were to put it to some kind of attic. I don't mean the Apache
> Attic project, I meant some kind of Logging Attic. Similar to the
> "Dormant Components" of commons.apache.org.
> With moving to dormant, I would say we replace the current website
> with a one pager saying this project is not longer maintained. People
> who need the docs are encouraged to check out the source. I would not
> any longer put effort in maintaining for example the branding
> requirements for this project.
> Thoughts?

Oh, I don't know. How much work does it need to be compliant with the branding requirements?
 I guess my reaction would be to mark it as dormant on the main page and at the top of the
log4cxx web site but leave all the current content there.

Does the mailing list or issue list get any activity?

View raw message