logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Logging site
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 04:59:55 GMT

On Jun 11, 2012, at 9:19 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2012-06-12, Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> I should have added that I'd appreciate you adding log4net to the
>> site.
>
> Understood, and yes, I'll do that.  It's only a matter of solving a few
> problems and finding the time to do so.  Can't promise I'll be able to
> get around to it before the weekend.
>
>> I'd really like to have all the sub projects added as once they are
>> all there then we can simply ask Infra to replace the existing site
>> with the new one.  I've been waiting for that to do the first Log4j 2
>> release.
>
> OK, if this is holding up the release then I'll simply tar up the
> existing site and add it to svn - I can figure out a better way to do it
> later.

Yes, that is an option. However, I think it is important that we all get a feel for how this
works. That said, I almost did that for Log4j 1.2 if I hadn't been able to run mvn site on
the last release tag an upload that. Since each release will exist as its own directory in
the new site (hopefully deleting old releases after some time) it should be fairly simple
to use whatever you want to generate the site.

Ralph