logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject [Discuss] Move log4cxx to "attic"
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 06:44:50 GMT
I just looked at the website of log4cxx in order to move it to the new
CMS and realized, this project is pretty dead. Last commit was before
23 months but this was an exception and just a small bugfix. Most
recent commits are from Curt.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4cxx/trunk/src/main/cpp/

I cannot see how we could revive this component and therefore my
thoughts were to put it to some kind of attic. I don't mean the Apache
Attic project, I meant some kind of Logging Attic. Similar to the
"Dormant Components" of commons.apache.org.

With moving to dormant, I would say we replace the current website
with a one pager saying this project is not longer maintained. People
who need the docs are encouraged to check out the source. I would not
any longer put effort in maintaining for example the branding
requirements for this project.

Thoughts?