logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Steps for Producr Sites? (was Re: Logging web sites)
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:33:27 GMT
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Well, I use mvn site:stage-deploy for Log4j 2 to get the full site content. But that
is required for a multi-project site.  So, yes, you are correct.  If mvn site:deploy could
deploy directly into svn we could then use it.

OK cool. When I committed the site, then it can be seen here:
loggingtest.staging.apache.org

until I manually promote it to production, right?
How can I promote a site?

Cheers

> Ralph
>

> On Jun 11, 2012, at 11:38 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>
>> Thank you Ralph for this excellent guide.
>>
>> Do I understand correctly - so far we cannot use something like "mvn
>> site:deploy". We bascially need to generate the site locally and copy
>> the content locally to a new repository (the cms one). Is that
>> correct?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>> See http://wiki.apache.org/logging/ManagingTheWebSite
>>>
>>> Ralph
>>>
>>> On Jun 10, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
>>>
>>> I plan to document this on the wiki when I get home later today. The process
>>> isn't quite as you have listed.
>>>
>>> 1. Check out the production web site.
>>> 2. Create a log4xxx directory adjacent to the log4j directory,
>>> 3. Underneath that directory create a directory for the releases of the
>>> component such as log4xxx-1.8.
>>> 4. Copy the release website into that directory.
>>> 5. In your log4xxx directory create a symlink of 1.x to log4xxx-1.8. "ln -s
>>> log4xxx-1.8 1.x" on a Mac or unix system. Windows doesn't support links
>>> afaik.
>>> 6. Make sure all that is added to svn and commit it.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de