logging-general mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging Site
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:05:53 GMT
I've posted a question to the infra-dev mailing list on the best location
for the jnlp file and jars (the only infra requirement is a mime type
mapping for jnlp files), we'll see what response we get.

The other half of the issue is for new releases of Chainsaw, we need a new
code signing cert, preferably provided and managed by infra.

I filed (INFRA-3991) Request for code signing certificate about nine months
ago, with no feedback.  Today, Sam Ruby responded that we need to provide
an actionable plan for how the code signing could take place.

After discussing with Tony on #asfinfra, infra would like to build binaries
themselves and sign them, after being given a path and svn revision and
proof of the vote.

I also suggested we provide them with hashes so they can verify that what
we reviewed matches what they are signing.

Infra would be responsible for retrieving the code from subversion and
building and signing the artifacts using code signing keys that they
managed securely.

How they manage their keys belongs under infra's domain, but we need to
provide an actionable process that they could adopt otherwise.

Does what I describe above sound ok? Any suggestions, comments or changes
to the above-described process?

Thanks

Scott

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I actually used to track this from the downloads and JNLP was used quite
> > extensively, haven't checked in a while, but I bet if we deployed the
> latest
> > developer snapshot that would be the most frequently used path.  We
> pinged
> > infra a while back on this but didn't get back a good response (Paul had
> > sign the jars himself, and somehow JNLP was served correctly from where
> it
> > is now).
> >
> > I'll ping #infra on freenode, but I really don't want to drop JNLP
> support.
>
> OK understood. If infra is fine with that, I am too and we can publish
> the jnlp via the CMS.
> Just the dmg/zip file - shouldn't we put these on the mirroring system?
>

> > Scott
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Ivan Habunek <ivan.habunek@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I'll take care of log4php next week. On holidays this week.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Ivan

> folders.

> doesn't