logging-general mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging Site
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:48:43 GMT
I'll wait for a bit more feedback and then follow-up on the infra dev
mailing list.  They would like to see an actionable plan and have it
approved there, at which point I'll update the Jira issue with the
actionable steps.

I'm on vacation this coming week, but I'll check in when I can.

Thanks for helping out with this, Christian, it's great to see Chainsaw
maybe move along as well.

Scott

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I've posted a question to the infra-dev mailing list on the best location
> > for the jnlp file and jars (the only infra requirement is a mime type
> > mapping for jnlp files), we'll see what response we get.
> >
> > The other half of the issue is for new releases of Chainsaw, we need a
> new
> > code signing cert, preferably provided and managed by infra.
> >
> > I filed (INFRA-3991) Request for code signing certificate about nine
> months
> > ago, with no feedback.  Today, Sam Ruby responded that we need to
> provide an
> > actionable plan for how the code signing could take place.
> >
> > After discussing with Tony on #asfinfra, infra would like to build
> binaries
> > themselves and sign them, after being given a path and svn revision and
> > proof of the vote.
> >
> > I also suggested we provide them with hashes so they can verify that
> what we
> > reviewed matches what they are signing.
> >
> > Infra would be responsible for retrieving the code from subversion and
> > building and signing the artifacts using code signing keys that they
> managed
> > securely.
> >
> > How they manage their keys belongs under infra's domain, but we need to
> > provide an actionable process that they could adopt otherwise.
> >
> > Does what I describe above sound ok? Any suggestions, comments or
> changes to
> > the above-described process?
> >

> Sounds great and fantastic Job. Thank you Scott for dealing that out.
>
> Basically what I read from above is:
>
> - we open a Jira issue with a link to a logging wiki page what needs
> to be done (instructions how to build and probably some notes how to
> sign), the svn repository tag and a reference to the vote.
>
> - we also let them know the hashes of the artifacts we voted on to
> confirm we speak of the same
>
> - infra builds the code, signs it and uploads it to a location which
> is to be named
>
> - Once uploaded, Chainsaw users get a nice suprise :-)
>
> So, the last thing we need to do is to create instructions how to
> build? Lets do it! I really thought it would be more difficult.
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>
> > Thanks
> >
> > Scott
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Christian Grobmeier <
> grobmeier@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> quite
> had
> where

> >> OK understood. If infra is fine with that, I am too and we can publish
> >> the jnlp via the CMS.
> >> Just the dmg/zip file - shouldn't we put these on the mirroring system?

> only

> downloaded
jars each time
> you

> [...]