logging-general mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging Site
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:10:08 GMT
I actually used to track this from the downloads and JNLP was used quite
extensively, haven't checked in a while, but I bet if we deployed the
latest developer snapshot that would be the most frequently used path.  We
pinged infra a while back on this but didn't get back a good response (Paul
had to sign the jars himself, and somehow JNLP was served correctly from
where it is now).

I'll ping #infra on freenode, but I really don't want to drop JNLP support.

Scott

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Ivan Habunek <ivan.habunek@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'll take care of log4php next week. On holidays this week.
>
> Regards,
> Ivan
>
> On 22 June 2012 17:05, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Ralph Goers <rgoers@apache.org> wrote:
> >> So where does this leave us in moving the site over?
> >
> > I think we could simply commit the chainsaw binary into the cms folders.
> >
> > But actually I believe infra will eat us if they ever find out we
> > distribute binaries from the CMS folder. Therefore I would say we make
> > up a regular download page and reference to the dmg and the zip only
> > (dropping the jnlp) and use the mirroring system.
> >
> > Scott, its your domain- what do you say to that?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Christian
> >

> >> Ralph
> >>
> >> On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:51 AM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I believe we bypass the mirror system because the mirror system doesn't
> >> support the jnlp protocol (handling the mime type)..
> >>
> >> Scott

> back to

> start

> scott.deboy@gmail.com>