logging-general mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Change of Apache Logging Services Chair
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:50:54 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Grobmeier [mailto:grobmeier@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 0:45 AM
To: Logging General
Subject: Change of Apache Logging Services Chair

Dear all,

recently our long time chair Curt Arnold has expressed his wish to step
down as a chair. The PMC has then decided to recommend me for this role.
Yesterday the ASF board has confirmed this change and as of now I have
become the new chair of this project.

I would like take the chance to thank the PMC for their trust. In addition
i would like to give a big THANK YOU to Curt who was into that role for
such a long time. You put much work into Apache Logging Services, even when
there were times at which the future of the overall project was not so
bright. Now, with new committers in log4php, log4net and log4j and an
approaching major overhaul of log4j we still have hands full to do, but we
hopefully face easier times. I am convinced, without you this new fresh
breath at Logging would not have been possible, because we would find our
pages in the attic.

I wish you all well for your well deserved "break" as a chair.

Hopefully you will stay with us for another long time as PMC and Committer.
Who knows, maybe one day we'll find you again in the role as a chair.

Thanks + Cheers,

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory