logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Steps for Producr Sites? (was Re: Logging web sites)
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:40:18 GMT

On Jun 12, 2012, at 4:33 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> Well, I use mvn site:stage-deploy for Log4j 2 to get the full site content. But that
is required for a multi-project site.  So, yes, you are correct.  If mvn site:deploy could
deploy directly into svn we could then use it.

> OK cool. When I committed the site, then it can be seen here:
> loggingtest.staging.apache.org
>
> until I manually promote it to production, right?
> How can I promote a site?

No.  The sub-projects go directly from your local area into the production site. They do not
get committed to staging. The staging site is used only by stuff that directly uses the CMS
build process.  The ext paths.txt file identifies the directories in the production site that
are to be ignored by the CMS system.

Ralph