logging-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Move log4cxx to "attic"
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:57:26 GMT
On 2012-06-12, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> I just looked at the website of log4cxx in order to move it to the new
> CMS and realized, this project is pretty dead. Last commit was before
> 23 months but this was an exception and just a small bugfix. Most
> recent commits are from Curt.
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4cxx/trunk/src/main/cpp/

> I cannot see how we could revive this component and therefore my
> thoughts were to put it to some kind of attic. I don't mean the Apache
> Attic project, I meant some kind of Logging Attic. Similar to the
> "Dormant Components" of commons.apache.org.

Why would you want to hold it in a dormant state rather than move it
directly to the Attic?  If people show up who want to contribute,
reviving it from the Attic shouldn't be more difficult than changing its
state from dormant to active.

I'd not be against marking it as dormant if you feel Attic was going too
far.

Stefan