logging-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Steps for Producr Sites? (was Re: Logging web sites)
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:18:19 GMT
Hi all,

On 2012-06-10, Ralph Goers wrote:

> We really don't need to use the maven publish plugin as I've checked
> in the each project in its own release directly and then used a
> symlink to point the project site to the specific release.  Each of
> the other sub-sites should do the same thing.

I missed most of the thread, been busy elsewhere, sorry.  I'd like to
add log4net to the site "the right way", what do I need to do?

This is my understanding

(1) check in the log4net site wherever I want

(2) create a symlink from where I commited the site to content/log4net

(3) un-indent log4net in extpath.txt

Is this correct?

Problems I currently see:

* the log4net site is generated by Maven and has inconsistent line-ends,
  is there any better way than Ant's fixcrlf task to fix that?  Our
  build already includes NAnt and Maven, I'd prefer to avoid adding a
  third build tool 8-)

  Mid-term log4net may be better off using the CMS directly, but that's
  something we need to discuss.

* I don't know how and where to perform step (2) from above.

Stefan