logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Logging site
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:00:31 GMT
I should have added that I'd appreciate you adding log4net to the site.  I'd really like to
have all the sub projects added as once they are all there then we can simply ask Infra to
replace the existing site with the new one.  I've been waiting for that to do the first Log4j
2 release.

On Jun 10, 2012, at 2:18 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi all,
> On 2012-06-10, Ralph Goers wrote:
>> We really don't need to use the maven publish plugin as I've checked
>> in the each project in its own release directly and then used a
>> symlink to point the project site to the specific release.  Each of
>> the other sub-sites should do the same thing.
> I missed most of the thread, been busy elsewhere, sorry.  I'd like to
> add log4net to the site "the right way", what do I need to do?
> This is my understanding
> (1) check in the log4net site wherever I want
> (2) create a symlink from where I commited the site to content/log4net
> (3) un-indent log4net in extpath.txt
> Is this correct?
> Problems I currently see:
> * the log4net site is generated by Maven and has inconsistent line-ends,
>  is there any better way than Ant's fixcrlf task to fix that?  Our
>  build already includes NAnt and Maven, I'd prefer to avoid adding a
>  third build tool 8-)
>  Mid-term log4net may be better off using the CMS directly, but that's
>  something we need to discuss.
> * I don't know how and where to perform step (2) from above.
> Stefan

View raw message