This topic has died down a bit.  My concern here is that I am pretty much read to do a release of Log4j 2 but I really don't know how to publish the web site. The process I use to build Log4j 2 is

1. Check it out from SVN.
2. Run "mvn -P release-notes generate-resources (then commit the generated notes for a real release).
3. Run "mvn -P apache-release install  (this step would be replaced by mvn release:prepare release:package in a real release)
4. Run mvn site (would be on the tagged branch).
5. Run mvn site:stage-deploy or mvn site:deploy to deploy the site somewhere.

I'm imagining that I would need to use the maven-site-scm-publish plugin to commit the site to where it needs to go but we haven't agreed on what to tell INFRA regarding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4699.

I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Ralph