Hi all,

I was away for a bit so I didn't comment earlier.

My idea is to generate the site using Twig [1], a nice PHP templating engine, in combination with Textile markup [2], which is much more versatile than most other common markup languages (such as markdown, apt, ...).

I have already converted the logging web site. The code can be found here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/experimental-twig-textile/

And I have deployed the generated web for demo here:
http://bezdomni.net/logging/

This idea is obviously not compatible with the Apache CMS solution. Frankly, I would prefer this solution to the CMS since, from what I have seen, the CMS is quite a pain to use.

Regards,
Ivan

[1] http://twig.sensiolabs.org/
[2] http://textile.sitemonks.com/

On 2 May 2012 10:44, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>

> What i thought was, why not to clean it up? Your proposed solutions
> seem to be the cleanest way and updating everything just when we need
> an update to the main site feels somehow wrong
>

> Joe has now proposed using the CMS for the main Logging web site along
> with expaths.txt + svnpubsub for each sub-project. Each sub-project would
> then use svn externals so they could be independently managed. This sounds
> perfect to me.

OK I understand svn externals is like "symlinks for svn". Sounds ok.

I am a bit concerned on the CMS. Ivan has put much effort in the website design:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/experimental-redesign/src/site/pages/

I will ask infra (on the ticket) if it is possible to either use that
design for the CMS or if we can bypass the CMS feature for this one
too...

Cheers
Christian