I've checked in what Ivan did to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/cms/trunk as Herve suggested.  I found 1 bug in build.php and fixed that and added a requirement to specify the output directory on the command line. I also moved the content and templates to the appropriate directories.

Ralph