oh, yes, sorry, I described option 2.

Then option 1 will require infra to work on integrating your templating engine as external task : someone knowing this engine, its prerequisites and so on has to work with infra to help them run the tool by hand then be able to launch it from build system (with source files in content directory, output directory set by a command line attribute)

Notice that if you explain infra that /whatever/file.html is generated from /content/pages/file.twig, it should be easy for infra to add support for online content editing = a really nice feature of the CMS. You can even add a "CMS boormarklet" in your bookmarks, and jump into content editing in one click from browse. This one is very nice. If this is not clear, I can explain more this feature, because the "CMS bookmarklet" isn't something everybody knows.

Regards,

Hervé