logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging web sites
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 11:40:24 GMT
Ivan,

Daniel has updated the Jira and asked "Can you provide a list of dependencies of your site's
build process?  (as port names -- see www.freshports.org -- for those deps that are in ports)"

Since you have actually built the test site could you possibly help with this? The issue is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4699.

Ralph

On May 2, 2012, at 2:11 AM, Ivan Habunek <ivan.habunek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was away for a bit so I didn't comment earlier.
>
> My idea is to generate the site using Twig [1], a nice PHP templating engine, in combination
with Textile markup [2], which is much more versatile than most other common markup languages
(such as markdown, apt, ...).

> I have already converted the logging web site. The code can be found here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/experimental-twig-textile/
>
> And I have deployed the generated web for demo here:
> http://bezdomni.net/logging/
>
> This idea is obviously not compatible with the Apache CMS solution. Frankly, I would
prefer this solution to the CMS since, from what I have seen, the CMS is quite a pain to use.