logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Logging web sites
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 16:32:58 GMT
Thanks. Please let me know when we are at the point where I can try to add Log4j 2 on to the
site.

Ralph

On May 23, 2012, at 9:30 AM, Ivan Habunek wrote:

> I have given infra the requirements. We're waiting for them to set it up.
>
> Regards,
> Ivan
>
> On 23 May 2012 17:57, Ralph Goers <rgoers@apache.org> wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> Were you able to get a test site to work yet?
>
> Ralph
>
> On May 22, 2012, at 5:52 AM, Ivan Habunek wrote:
>
>> Yeah, sorry I haven't been more involved in the discussion. I've been to the phpday
conference in Verona, and haven't had time to catch up.

>> I posted a comment to the INFRA ticket with the required information. I'll keep in
the loop from now on to answer any other questions.

>> Regards,
>> Ivan
>>

>> On 22 May 2012 13:40, Ralph Goers <rgoers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Ivan,
>>
>> Daniel has updated the Jira and asked "Can you provide a list of dependencies of
your site's build process?  (as port names -- see www.freshports.org -- for those deps that
are in ports)"

issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4699.

>> Ralph
>>
>> On May 2, 2012, at 2:11 AM, Ivan Habunek <ivan.habunek@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was away for a bit so I didn't comment earlier.
>>>
>>> My idea is to generate the site using Twig [1], a nice PHP templating engine,
in combination with Textile markup [2], which is much more versatile than most other common
markup languages (such as markdown, apt, ...).

>>> I have already converted the logging web site. The code can be found here:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/experimental-twig-textile/
>>>
>>> And I have deployed the generated web for demo here:
>>> http://bezdomni.net/logging/
>>>
>>> This idea is obviously not compatible with the Apache CMS solution. Frankly,
I would prefer this solution to the CMS since, from what I have seen, the CMS is quite a pain
to use.