logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Logging web sites
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 15:54:46 GMT
This topic has died down a bit.  My concern here is that I am pretty much read to do a release
of Log4j 2 but I really don't know how to publish the web site. The process I use to build
Log4j 2 is

1. Check it out from SVN.
2. Run "mvn -P release-notes generate-resources (then commit the generated notes for a real
release).
3. Run "mvn -P apache-release install  (this step would be replaced by mvn release:prepare
release:package in a real release)
4. Run mvn site (would be on the tagged branch).
5. Run mvn site:stage-deploy or mvn site:deploy to deploy the site somewhere.

I'm imagining that I would need to use the maven-site-scm-publish plugin to commit the site
to where it needs to go but we haven't agreed on what to tell INFRA regarding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4699.

I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Ralph

On May 2, 2012, at 2:11 AM, Ivan Habunek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was away for a bit so I didn't comment earlier.
>
> My idea is to generate the site using Twig [1], a nice PHP templating engine, in combination
with Textile markup [2], which is much more versatile than most other common markup languages
(such as markdown, apt, ...).

> I have already converted the logging web site. The code can be found here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/experimental-twig-textile/
>
> And I have deployed the generated web for demo here:
> http://bezdomni.net/logging/
>
> This idea is obviously not compatible with the Apache CMS solution. Frankly, I would
prefer this solution to the CMS since, from what I have seen, the CMS is quite a pain to use.