logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging web sites
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 08:44:23 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>

> What i thought was, why not to clean it up? Your proposed solutions
> seem to be the cleanest way and updating everything just when we need
> an update to the main site feels somehow wrong
>

> Joe has now proposed using the CMS for the main Logging web site along
> with expaths.txt + svnpubsub for each sub-project. Each sub-project would
> then use svn externals so they could be independently managed. This sounds
> perfect to me.

OK I understand svn externals is like "symlinks for svn". Sounds ok.

I am a bit concerned on the CMS. Ivan has put much effort in the website design:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/experimental-redesign/src/site/pages/

I will ask infra (on the ticket) if it is possible to either use that
design for the CMS or if we can bypass the CMS feature for this one
too...

Cheers
Christian

--