logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging web sites
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 15:57:49 GMT
Ivan,

Were you able to get a test site to work yet?

Ralph

On May 22, 2012, at 5:52 AM, Ivan Habunek wrote:

> Yeah, sorry I haven't been more involved in the discussion. I've been to the phpday conference
in Verona, and haven't had time to catch up.

> I posted a comment to the INFRA ticket with the required information. I'll keep in the
loop from now on to answer any other questions.

> Regards,
> Ivan
>

> On 22 May 2012 13:40, Ralph Goers <rgoers@apache.org> wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> Daniel has updated the Jira and asked "Can you provide a list of dependencies of your
site's build process?  (as port names -- see www.freshports.org -- for those deps that are
in ports)"

is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4699.

> Ralph
>
> On May 2, 2012, at 2:11 AM, Ivan Habunek <ivan.habunek@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was away for a bit so I didn't comment earlier.
>>
>> My idea is to generate the site using Twig [1], a nice PHP templating engine, in
combination with Textile markup [2], which is much more versatile than most other common markup
languages (such as markdown, apt, ...).

>> I have already converted the logging web site. The code can be found here:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/experimental-twig-textile/
>>
>> And I have deployed the generated web for demo here:
>> http://bezdomni.net/logging/
>>
>> This idea is obviously not compatible with the Apache CMS solution. Frankly, I would
prefer this solution to the CMS since, from what I have seen, the CMS is quite a pain to use.