logging-general mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Logging web sites
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 20:28:57 GMT
ok, so it's a custom rendering engine

so I see 2 solutions:

1. either infra adds this engine as external, like it did with "mvn site":
you'll have to put sources in content, to trigger html generation on each
source update, buildbot will build the html, then you'll use the CMS web
interface to publish staged content

2. either infra simply adds svnpubsub, without any CMS integration, ie any
source modification integration nor html build from sources. I don't know if
they do that. But that way, you're completely free, you only use svnpubsub:
it's up to you to get the tooling to put html content to svn.

With 1st solution, main site is automatically published at each commit, each
component being protected from erase by extpath.txt.
With 2nd solution, main site is manually published when somebody does it, like
components during releases, and you'll have to take care of not removing
components content when publishing.

Regards,

Hervé