I had a conversation with Daniel.  From what I can tell the current Logging web site is maintained at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs.  I've never maintained the logging web site but some of the sub projects there, such as log4j, were definitely built by Maven. What daniel is telling me is that as far as Infra is concerned we can continue to use that same location with svnpubsub.  However, editing the main site only would either require checking out all the subproject sites too or using svn checkout --depth=immediates.

My question is, how has the web site been maintained in the past?

Ralph