logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging web sites
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 19:14:21 GMT
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I had a conversation with Daniel.  From what I can tell the current Logging
> web site is maintained at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs.  I've never
> maintained the logging web site but some of the sub projects there, such as
> log4j, were definitely built by Maven. What daniel is telling me is that as
> far as Infra is concerned we can continue to use that same location with
> svnpubsub.  However, editing the main site only would either require
> checking out all the subproject sites too or using svn checkout
> --depth=immediates.
>
> My question is, how has the web site been maintained in the past?

I have no clue , never did it (the main site and log4j site). Maybe
Ivan can answer this i think he has he has digged that.

I found this:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/trunk/BUILD-INFO.txt

"
The website content will automatically be staged to the ASF SVN repo
by "mvn site-deploy".
This phase checks out
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/log4j/1.2
into target/site-deploy, copys the generated documentation to that
directory using
scp to localhost and then commits the changed content.  You will be
prompted for an
SVN commit message using the configured SVN_EDITOR.  A commit message
must be entered or the
site commit will be aborted.

The staged content can be tested by opening
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/1.2/index.html,
however some links may be broken due to the staged location.
The staged version can be published to the main public site by executing
"svn update" in /www/logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2 on people.apache.org.
"

What i thought was, why not to clean it up? Your proposed solutions
seem to be the cleanest way and updating everything just when we need
an update to the main site feels somehow wrong

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de