On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
I wouldn't mind getting rid of the implementation behind the current expression/expressionfilter support (also used in Chainsaw).  Were there improvements in that area?

The expression support has some limits which I don't love  - yes, you can define regexps and use relational and logical operators and grouping, but I would love to be able to have something like an 'around' operator that would work off of either of events (ten events around a warning message), and/or a time-based version (events within +- 1 minute of a warning message).

Oh - and I haven't ported chainsaw into Log4j2.  When that happens I expect it will be a new module.

Ralph