On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah I don't mind doing that work.   One thing that was a slightly significant change to the LoggingEvent implementation in log4j 1.2 - I needed to be able to track expression matches, which impacted the API a bit (find/colorizing expressions are displayed in the gutter on the right, time deltas show up in the gutter on the left)..that allows me to render a 'color' for an event without re-running the evaluation expression.

I think that's an implementation detail and doesn't need to be in the interface, but that's the one place in Chainsaw where the 'core' logging event wasn't sufficient.

To be honest, I've never used Chainsaw. However, my understanding is that Lillith (for Logback) is similar to it. I don't know how Lillith handles that but since it is a separate project from Logback I know that isn't included in the logging event, which makes me wonder how they are handling that - or if it does.

Ralph