On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
Is support for the concept of an event sink (receivers) going to be straightforward to implement using log4j2's configuration support?

I just want to make sure we are covering our bases there.  It would be great to have explicit support for receivers, the same as we have for appenders.

For the socketappender, can it be configured to be multicast?  If so, it would be good to be able to provide in the interface that was going to be used.

There are of course other appenders (the reverse-connect sockethubappender, for example), and the other network-based appenders which can probably be replaced by this single socket appender if it were beefed up a bit.

SocketAppender itself doesn't do much. It is really an OutputStreamAppender that leverages a SocketManager. At the moment it supports a TCPSocketManager and a DatagramSocketManager. Adding other types of SocketManagers doesn't require much.

Ralph