Yeah I don't mind doing that work.   One thing that was a slightly significant change to the LoggingEvent implementation in log4j 1.2 - I needed to be able to track expression matches, which impacted the API a bit (find/colorizing expressions are displayed in the gutter on the right, time deltas show up in the gutter on the left)..that allows me to render a 'color' for an event without re-running the evaluation expression.

I think that's an implementation detail and doesn't need to be in the interface, but that's the one place in Chainsaw where the 'core' logging event wasn't sufficient.

Scott