logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:49:22 GMT
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Greg posted a message on the infra list that got me confused. So I looked
> at https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/svnpubsub/.
> There is a configuration file there that, if I understand it correctly, maps
> locations in the web site to locations in svn. Ant has 3 definitions; one
> for the main site, one for Ivy and one for IvyIDE. These appear to be 3
> disjoint web sites that have very little in common. While the logging
> project has a much more consistent look and feel, that is actually true of
> our projects as well. So perhaps we just need to request entries be made for
> the main site and each of the sub projects.

hm, looking at the config:

/x1/www/logging.apache.org: %(ASF)s/logging/site/trunk/docs/

Wouldn't that be enough?

Because everything is there:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/

The usual logging subproject commits to the subfolders of this
repository, f.e. log4php commit to:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/log4php/

Probably we just need to commit a symbolic link with the log4j2 site
and then deploy the site to that location. Of course, a "standard
checkout" will not work. But hey, the user can have the log4j2 website
with the log4j2 source so i don't consider this a problem.
A symbolic link seems to go into svn as type special.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.7
A short googling showed me it might work that way

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de