logging-general mailing list archives

From Ivan Habunek <ivan.habu...@gmail.com>
Subject Updating the logging services web site
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:05:29 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to take some time to make the front page of the logging
service project a bit more user friendly, informative and nicer
looking.

The main function of this page is to direct the user to each of the
logging projects. I have made a quick mockup of the general design I
had in mind (again using Bootstrap since I'm not a graphic designer).
There are only 3 pages so far, the main page, charter and team list.
You can see them here (charter & team pages are in the "about"
dropdown menu in the top bar):
http://people.apache.org/~ihabunek/logging/

I would like to gather everybody's opinion of what else should be
included on the front page.

In the new layout, I have dropped the logging services logo in favour
of the apache feather logo. They are quite similar, and, to my eyes,
the plain feather logo just looks nicer and cleaner.

IMO, the log4j companions may be better suited on the log4j site so I
have not included them on the front page for now.

So far, I gather that we need at least:
- a short description of the logging services project to put in the
big box on the front page
- perhaps a longer description of the project (an 'about' page)
- a short description of each sub project to put on the front page

Also we should determine if any other content should be moved from the
current site. I have located several orphan pages which exist, but are
not linked to anywhere:
http://logging.apache.org/charter.html (migrated)
http://logging.apache.org/catalog.html
http://logging.apache.org/guidelines.html